Aug 6, 2009

Getting closer to departure

Countdown to departure: 28 days

It's down to less than one month before I leave! Nothing new has really come up, but I figured it was time to post something new (so that I can get in the habit of actually updating this thing).

I took my final exam today, so I'm done with summer school! Now I'm being kept busy helping get the house ready for Vici and Riho, the two girls who my parents are hosting when I'm in France. There are some cool welcoming/going away festivities planned, so that should be really fun. I'll be taking one final vacation to visit family, and then it's just a matter of days before I depart!

People keep asking me if I'm excited/nervous/scared, and I'm not really sure how to answer that right now. Earlier I was a mix of super scared and super excited, but now I'm kind of passive. I think it hasn't "hit" me that in less than a month I will be leaving for an entire year. My mind knows that I'm really doing it, but I'm not to sure my heart is entirely convinced. I mean, I'm still so excited. I'm just not really as shook up as I was. Oh well... 

I also saw that AFS posted my blog on their main AFS blog, which is exciting! If you want to see the main AFS blog, the address is:

www.afsblog.org

(It's also in my profile)

I hope you like the new layout, I'm pretty sure this is the way I'll keep it (it's my favorite so far)! Sorry I keep changing it...

So... I think that about covers it for now. If anything happens, I'll let you know =)

-Sophia

3 comments:

  1. Wait wait... I thought a boy and a girl were the ones living with you this coming year... was it always 2 girls? Or am I just bad a t listening...whoops!
    I'M EXCITED FOR YOU! EVEN IF YOU'RE PASSIVE!
    You're done English? Lucky you! My Civics exam is tomorrow...I can't wait to get it over with.
    I don't really have that much to say...just like commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean by it hasn't hit you yet. I still can't believe you're leaving so soon, but I know we'll make the most of the time you are still in Towson!!! and I like the French flag at the bottom of the page, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm going to France too. I saw your blog on the AFS site, I really like it. I'm glad I found another persons blog, I'm sort of on a hunt for them. Anyway I guess I'll see you in Paris (that's cool to say) : )

    ReplyDelete